Monday, May 22, 2023

Translation: They were so insecure and mentally unstable


Translation: I was the jealous, also betrayed them and the possessive one. I checked up on my ex-partner 24/7 and made sure they were only focused on me during the love-bombing stage of the relationship. Then, I began to emotionally withhold from my ex-partner, deliberately provoking jealousy in them constantly to make them feel off-kilter and suspicious – all so I could be the dominant one in the relationship. Even when their concerns were valid and a result of my manipulation, I gaslit them into believing otherwise and raged at them, setting them up for crazymaking arguments. I told them that every time they asked me a legitimate question about my shady behavior, they were interrogating me and needed to stop. So long as they believed they were the problem, I was free to do whatever I wanted without being held accountable for my actions.

Remember: People who are more successful, talented, attractive, or more well-loved than they are (unless it benefits them directly).

Unless a narcissist is using you for financial resources, status by association, or as “arm candy,” they have a deep pathological and malicious envy of those who surpass them in the areas of success, talent, and attractiveness. They dislike it when victims have a great deal of outside validation apart from them because it makes that victim less susceptible to their manipulation. They are quite jealous of the positive attention their victims receive from others. That is why they so strongly try to devalue these victims early on. It’s an automatic reflex for them to try to put down anyone that triggers their sense of entitlement and inferiority or challenges their grandiose view of themselves simply by existing in their strengths. They want a victim who they can control, not someone they have to fight for and over. Even worse? They despise victims who are confident in themselves and are not willing to put up with their bullshit.  If you come off as a bit more egocentric to the narcissist and put yourself on the pedestal with a strong, unshakeable self-concept, they’ll likely leave you alone to hunt for people who are more willing to adore them. Better yet, level up in all areas of your life so that you have multiple sources of support outside of them. Even if they continue to target you because they like a challenge, they’ll eventually become worn out.

Concrete Angel

You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is The Man Who Deserves Your Love

Love the man who makes you laugh. Love the man who gives you his time instead of sugarcoating his absence with material gifts love the man w...