Sunday, January 21, 2024

I Should've Loved Myself First


 I should’ve fought harder for me.

I should’ve stood up and fought for myself.
I should’ve fought for my worth, my smile, my peace of mind, and my happiness.
I should’ve not let it get this far to where I don’t feel like me anymore.
I should’ve never let it get to the point that I felt without you, I was nothing.
They say you should learn to love yourself before you love anyone else. I used to hate that saying with everything in my body. Used to make me feel like because if I didn’t love myself no one else could find me worthy enough to love, but that’s not true.
I’m starting to understand it. I should’ve loved myself first, so no one could ever walk in and do what they did to me. I should’ve loved myself first so that the first red flag or sign, I would have run as fast as I could because I knew I didn't deserve these certain situations.
I should’ve loved myself first, so that I wouldn’t have found myself in a situation, begging and pleading for another human being to love me and respect me, and not abuse me. I should’ve loved myself, but I didn’t. I became so reliant on you for everything that had to do with me.
I don’t regret it, though as much pain, as I am in right now, and from the trauma you left me with, I don’t regret you or anything that we went through. I should’ve done better by me for me. I should’ve loved myself first and fought for me harder.
Concrete Angle
You will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is The Man Who Deserves Your Love

Love the man who makes you laugh. Love the man who gives you his time instead of sugarcoating his absence with material gifts love the man w...