Sunday, April 2, 2023


TO ALL MY CONCRETE ANGELS AROUND THE WORLD…THROUGH MY EYES

I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. Strong. Determined. Brave. Hardworking. Loving. Funny. Compassionate. Caring. I wish you had the ability to see how much good I see in you - how much potential - how much drive. I wish more than anything that I could make you see how wonderfully you are and how much good you possess. Even after the heartache and the abuse you’re still standing and fighting for your life and trying to find yourself again.

I wish you knew how much my heartaches to hear you talk about your situation and so much negatively about yourself that someone made you feel …it wasn’t your fault in what life gave you. If you only knew how hard it is to hear some of you constantly put yourself down, lower yourself worth, or think you are not good enough or you feel that you will not amount to anything because someone mentally played with your mind that someone made you lose site of the beauty in you.   I wish I could hug you until you realize just how loved you are and how much strength you really have.

You mean more to me than you will ever know I hear your voice, your stories, and tears because I am no different than you.  I am thankful that we get to share our stories and our experience for many will never understand or believe.  With you every day I am reminded that out of the hardest and most difficult situations, the human spirit can begin again. You have also encouraged me every day to use my ashes to rebuild and recreate myself.

If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is kind, and strong. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is loving. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is brave. If you could see yourself through my eyes than you would see someone who is more hardworking than anyone I have ever met and a fighter and refuses to give up.

I wish that I could make you see just how incredible of a person you are. Every day I wish that I could show you and make you feel just how loved you are.

Through our experiences, both good and bad, you have taught me more about life than anyone I have ever met before. You have taught me that despite our circumstances, our upsets, and our successes, and failures we can continue. You have taught me that in the face of absolute desolation and heartbreak, we can pick up the pieces and keep going- no matter how impossible it seems. You have taught me that even when everything seems to be going great, we need to be proud of our accomplishments, but acknowledge that life isn't always going to be this sweet, so we need to remain humble and hopeful. 

 If for one day you could see yourself through my eyes, then you would truly see the incredible, hardworking, and resilient person you are. You would see someone who has withstood more pain and heartbreak than most, but you would also see someone that gathered their broken pieces and kept going. You would see someone that lives with the scars that life has inflicted upon them but continues to fight on when most would have given up.

If I could give you one thing, I would give you my eyes for just one day. Then, you would be able to see the amazing person I see.

Tuesday D’Eon- Thank you for all the stories and emails

Concrete Angel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is The Man Who Deserves Your Love

Love the man who makes you laugh. Love the man who gives you his time instead of sugarcoating his absence with material gifts love the man w...