Tuesday, April 4, 2023

How do you rebuild a life?


 How do you rebuild a life when you feel broken, worthless, empty and unlovable? When you feel devastated and deeply humiliated by the failure of a relationship into which you had poured everything you had?

First off, it felt like I was playing a game of real-life blind man’s buff, wandering blindfolded through an alien environment, crashing into one difficulty after another.

Trying to find my way through the nightmare of separating a narcissistic, abusive partner - even with lawyers involved – was terrifying and exhausting.

I realized that this was my one life, and I couldn’t afford to get it wrong.  Trying to muddle through just wasn’t good enough. I needed all the information and help I could possibly get.

So, I started finding out all I could about abusive relationships and narcissistic partners both in books and on the Internet. I did counselling and therapy. Plus, I got myself a coach. At first, I was constantly worried sick about whether I could afford it and whether or not I was worth it.

Then, as the fog of abuse started to lift, I began to see myself for the very first time as the adult woman I truly was. To my amazement, I found that I had gifts and talents I had never even known about. I started to see how blessed I was. Admittedly, I had not had a loving marriage or a supportive family of origin. But I had my best friend, and a future that I was free to create.

It wasn’t always easy. But it has been incredibly worthwhile. When you come through the hell of an abusive relationship, you discover that you have a second chance at life.

TOU ARE NOT ALONE CONCRETE ANGELS

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is The Man Who Deserves Your Love

Love the man who makes you laugh. Love the man who gives you his time instead of sugarcoating his absence with material gifts love the man w...